Report: Ericsson Could Sell Mobile Phone Division
Swedish telecomm giant Ericsson might sell its mobile phone division if its performance does not improve in 2001, the Austrian economic daily Wirtschaftsblatt reported on Tuesday.
"We want to get out of the situation in which we are in," Ericsson group boss Kurt Hellstroem told the paper.
Losses are expected to reach some 1.8 billion euros (1.44 billion dollars) this year, according to an Ericsson spokesman in Austria, Gerhard Gindl.
Ericsson did not however plan to stop mobile phone production completely, the newspaper said. The sector must remain "a key market" for Ericsson, said Hellstroem -- VIENNA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Ericsson Shows Intent for 3G Network in Lebanon
- Bahrain’s Batelco Set for Major Phone Deal
- Sony Ericsson's elegant J220i phones are now available in the Middle East
- Sony Ericsson certifies 300 resellers ahead of the launch of its highly anticipated K750i mobile phone
- Bahrain’s Batelco, Ericsson Sign Agreement to Expand Mobile Network