Report: Israel to give US 12 hour warning before attack on Iran
Today’s edition of the UK's Sunday Times reported that Israel told US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin E. Dempsey during his recent visit this weekend that Israel will not ask for the permission of the US to attack Iran and will only give America a 12 hour warning before the attack.
According to the report, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu does not trust President Obama and is concerned that the American leader would do everything in his power to prevent an attack if he knew about it in advance.
The Sunday Times further reported that an Israeli security source conveyed that Israel was shocked when it learned that the US-Israel security exercise that had been planned for two years was postponed by the U.S.
- Saudi Arabia denies cooperation with Israel over Iran
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff says threats by al Qaeda in Yemen "serious"
- Report: Israel prepares ”secret plan” to attack Iran nuclear plant
- Report: Israel starts preparations to attack Iran nuke facilities by late March
- Barak: US not allowing Israel to strike Iran