Report: Israeli Forces Kill Palestinian Activist, Wound Another in Nablus
Israeli forces killed a Palestinian activist and wounded another Wednesday in an ambush in the West Bank city of Nablus, claiming that the two planned to carry out terrorist bombings, using Israeli Arabs to procure hydrogen peroxide for use in bomb-making, reported Haaretz newspaper, quoting Israel Radio as saying.
It said an Arab Israeli citizen from east Jerusalem was arrested in the course of the operation, which was led by the Shin Bet secret service in cooperation with Haifa-area police detectives.
The cell was tied to the Islamic Jihad organization, according to the radio report.
The dead man was identified as Said Harouf of Nablus, who the radio said was killed in the course of a police pursuit.
About a month ago another member of the cell was killed in a gunbattle with Israeli troops, the paper said.
The information was kept secret until a court on Wednesday lifted an order banning media publication of any details of the case, according to Haaretz -- Albawaba.com
- Palestinian shot dead near Nablus, another Palestinian dies of wounds
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian, another dies of wounds
- Two Palestinians Killed in Car Blast in Wadi Ara; Palestinian Boy Killed in Jerusalem; Israeli Incursions in Nablus Area
- Soldier stabbed in Tel Aviv succumbs to wounds
- Israeli forces kill young Palestinian man and wound another near Jerusalem