Report: Israeli soldiers desecrate bodies of Palestinians
The Israeli army said it had launched a probe into claims that soldiers posed for photographs alongside bodies of several Palestinians killed in the occupied territories.
In its Friday supplement, Israel’s largest-circulation daily Yedioth Ahronoth, details four separate incidents in which Israeli soldiers accused comrades of treating Palestinian corpses disrespectfully.
In one incident that took place in the Jordan Valley area of the occupied West Bank, Israeli soldiers put a cigarette in the mouth of the severed head of a Palestinian bomber and photographed each other next to it.
In another case, soldiers snapped pictures next to the remains of a Palestinian policeman shot and killed in a jeep near the West Bank city of Nablus.
In another incident in 2003, soldiers killed a Palestinian, strapped his corpse to a vehicle and drove to their base, where troops photographed the body and joked about it, the report indicated. (albawaba.com)
- West Bank: At least 10 Palestinians, including girl, killed during Israeli raids
- West Bank: Two Israeli soldiers, Palestinian policeman wounded
- Israeli fire kills Palestinian cameraman, injures at least 17 in Nablus
- Two Israeli soldiers shot dead in Hebron; Palestinian killed in Gaza Strip
- Six Palestinians, two Israeli soldiers killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip