Report: Jordanian King to Arrive in Syria on Monday
Jordan’s king Abdullah II will pay on Monday a state visit to Syria, press reports said.
The Jordanian daily Al-Arab Al-Yom quoted sources it described as high-ranking as saying that the talks the Jordanian monarch would have with Syrian president Bashar al-Assad would concentrate on attempts aimed at halting the Israeli aggression against the Palestinian people, the Saudi peace initiative and preparations for the next Arab summit due to be held in Beirut later this month.
The sources added that king Abdullah would start on Wednesday a tour of Spain, the United States and Mexico where he will attend the international financing and development conference which will be attended by a number of world leaders. (Albawaba.com)
- Jordan, Saudi Leaders Hold Talks ahead of Middle East, Arab Summits
- Jordan King not to attend Algiers summit
- Syrian Jordanian Summit Concludes; Leaders Back Saudi Peace Plan, Reject Attack on Iraq
- King Abdullah of Jordan to Visit Saudi Arabia, UAE
- King Abdullah II of Jordan Starts Talks with Syrian President