Report: Mubarak to Meet US Jews, Israeli Envoy to Boycott Meeting
Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak is set to meet a number of US Jews in News York, reported Haaretz newspaper on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Israel’s ambassador to Washington, David Ivri, decided to boycott the meeting because the organization, the Israel Policy Forum, had agreed to submit to the Egyptian embassy in advance the questions it would ask Mubarak.
The paper quoted Ivri as telling the group that their act "constituted a form of backing for Egyptian position, and stood in contradiction with the public criticism of Egyptian policies as voiced in the United States."
Mubarak, who arrived in Washington Sunday, was the first Arab leader to hold talks with US President George W. Bush.
Both leaders discussed the Middle East peace process in addition to other regional issues, including Iraq and Sudan – Albawaba.com
- Israeli report: US envoy to the region will be replaced soon
- US Envoy Meets Mubarak for Talks on Mideast Peace, Israeli Troop Withdrawal
- Report: Iranian President-elect wants to meet American Jews
- US Envoy to Meet Again with Arafat, Sharon amid Continuing Violence
- US Envoy Conveys to Sharon Palestinian 'Approval' to Hold Security Meetings; PA Official Denies Agreement