Report: representatives from al Qaeda, Hizbullah and Hamas meet in Lebanon
Representatives from the Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda network held a meeting in March in Lebanon with resistance groups from the Middle East, U.S. broadcaster ABC reported late Monday.
Citing U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials, ABC said that leaders from al-Qaeda held a summit with Lebanese-based Hizbullah and Hamas .
The groups allegedly discussed possible coordination of attacks against targets including the U.S. and Britain, both domestically and overseas, ABC added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hamas spokesman to Albawaba.com: no secret meeting in Lebanon with Hizbullah or al Qaeda
- Lebanon Denies Bin Laden Moving in Al-Qaeda Forces
- <I>The Washington Post</I>: Hizbullah, al Qaeda intensify cooperation
- Lebanese President: Israeli propaganda behind reports on Al-Qaeda-Hizbullah connection
- Israel: U.S. Should Target al Qaeda in Lebanon