Report: Saudi Arabia foils plot against BA jet
Saudi security forces have detained two would-be suicide pilots who were preparing to fly two light aircraft into a packed British Airways (BA) jet, a British Sunday newspaper said.
The suspected suicide pilots were arrested in the last few weeks near Saudi Arabia's main airport in Riyadh, The Mail on Sunday said.
"My understanding is that they were found on the flight line and that the plan was to fly them into a passenger jet either about to land or take off," Patrick Mercer, the opposition Conservative spokesman for Homeland Security, was quotde as saying by the newspaper.
A BA spokesman said the airline had no knowledge of the incident described in the paper. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- British Airways cancels flight to Saudi Arabia over ''security fears''
- At least 10 people killed in clashes between Saudi police and ''terrorists''
- Report: Mastermind of Riyadh bombings arrested at Internet cafe
- Report: Special British forces sent to protect embassy in Saudi Arabia
- Report: Saudi Arabia foils another attempt to attack oil refinery