Report: Saudi Arabia sends message to Israel over transfer of funds to Hamas
Saudi officials have recently sent a message to Israel, in which they asked to receive evidence that links Saudi government officials or Saudi businessmen to money transferring to Hamas, so that they could act against it, according to a report in an Israeli daily.
On Tuesday, Maariv reported that a mediator had delivered the Saudi message to Israel's embassy in Washington. Israeli officials said Monday that this was just an initial contact, which came in the background of mounting accusations in the United States on Saudi Arabia's involvement and support of world wide "terror organizations" and of the Saudi "connection" to the September 11 attacks.
Moreover, according to the newspaper, the same sources added that it was not clear from the message how the Saudis indeed intend to act and if they plan on completely ending the transfer of funds to Hamas. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel unfazed by Saudi threat to shoot down jets on way to Iran
- US report: Saudi Arabia responsible for 50 percent of Hamas budget
- Report: Congress probe indicates links between 9/11 attacks and top Saudi officials
- Saudi Arabia describes Israeli claims about financing Palestinian suicide bombers as “baseless and false”
- Officially: Riyadh, Washington Do Not Discuss Issue of Pulling Out American Forces from Kingdom