Report: Saudi securityman killed in Riyadh shooting as British envoy predicts further attacks
A Saudi securityman was killed at dawn Sunday and another was wounded after their car came under fire by unidentified men along one of the main roads in the outskirts of Riyadh.
The Saudi Al-Riyadh daily said Monday that the two men asked a driver of a suspicious jeep to stop but he opened fire, and then fled the scene. This incident came following Khobar attack, which left 22 dead, most of them foreigners.
Meanwhile, the British ambassador to Saudi Arabia warned Monday that another attack in Saudi Arabia was "probable." Sherard Cowper-Coles told BBC radio that diplomats were trying to establish if a second Briton died in the siege in the city of Khobar. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Riyadh: One Briton killed, another wounded in shooting incident
- Saudi Arabia: Gunmen open fire on car carrying US nationals, Two armed suspects killed in Taif
- Saudi education minister, British ambassador hold talks in Riyadh
- Official: Saudi Arabia Knows Who Perpetrated Anti-Foreigner Bombings
- One American, One Unidentified Man Killed in Khobar Suicide Blast