Report: Scotland Yard to investigate alleged war crimes committed by Mofaz
Scotland Yard is investigating a former Israeli army chief over alleged war crimes committed by Israeli soldiers against Palestinians in the Occupied Territories this year. Lt-Gen Shaul Mofaz was in Britain on a fund-raising tour.
According to the Independent, a British Muslim group has accused Lt-Gen Mofaz of responsibility as commander for alleged violations of the Geneva Conventions. The Israeli army is accused of using Palestinians as human shields, assassinating activists, torturing prisoners, and destroying civilian homes.
The inquiry comes after Imran Khan, a British lawyer known for his role in the Stephen Lawrence case, presented a 17-page dossier to the Director of Public Prosecutions, who passed it to Scotland Yard's crimes against humanity unit. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- In annual report: Amnesty slams Israel, Palestinians
- Israel Claims Palestinians Planning to Assassinate Army Chief
- Mofaz: Israeli Army Has Killed 600 Palestinians since Start of Intifada
- Scotland Yard Arrests Alleged Egyptian Terrorist Yasser Al Sirri
- Report: Palestinian, Israeli security chiefs hold ''secret'' meeting