Report: Yemen's military intelligence chief survives assassination attempt
Yemen's military intelligence chief Brig. Ali Sayani survived an assassination attempt in Sanaa Monday. Several civilians, however, were at least wounded in this incident.
Daily Rai News quoted a Yemeni security source as saying the attacker tossed a hand grenade inside Sayani's car, but his bodyguards managed to throw it back before it detonated. According to this report, the attacker and a number of passersby were injured and rushed to the hospital. Another report said a bystander was killed after the assailant missed the intended target.
The attack took place near the Central Customs office and close to the Italian embassy.
- Report: Al Qaeda systematically assassinating Yemen's intelligence officers
- Palestinian Sources: Al Jazzera Chief in Ramallah survives assassination attempt
- Yemeni PM survives assassination attempt
- Yemeni security official survives assassination attempt
- Report: Ali Saleh brother behind attempt to assassinate him