Reports: Sharon to Meet Bush in Washington late June
Israeli media said Tuesday that Prime Minister Ariel Sharon will meet US President George W. Bush in Washington on June 26.
The White House has not issued an official statement on the visit, but Haaretz quoted Israeli officials as confirming the premier’s visit to the states.
Meanwhile, the paper added that Defense Minister Binyamin Ben-Elezier will also go to the US in July, where he will for the first time meet with Pentagon officials.
Sharon was the first leader from the region to meet Bush on March 20.
Meanwhile, Israel Radio said that US State Secretary Collin Powell is mulling a visit to the region to present the Israelis and Palestinians with the US plan for steps to be taken in order to implement the Mitchell Report and the security plan tailored by CIA chief George Tenet to bring the Israeli-Palestinian “violence” to an end – Albawaba.com
- Israel’s Chief of Staff to Visit US in Late June
- Israeli forces move into Jenin, two Israelis injured near Hebron; Bush, Sharon to meet next week in Washington
- Sharon to Highlight '\'Terrorist Threats'\' to Israel, US During Meeting with Bush
- Bush to visit Turkey in June
- Sharon heads to Washington to discuss Iraq