Rewarding Excellence with the International Islamic Finance Forum Awards 2010
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai awarded for ‘Outstanding Contribution to Islamic Finance’; Dubai Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank among winners
Dubai – May 18th, 2010: The International Islamic Finance Forum 2010, organised by IIR Middle East, announced the winners of the annual International Islamic Finance Forum Awards. The ceremony recognized and awarded achievements by Islamic banking and finance professionals.
The highlight of the evening was the presence of H.E. Mohammed Al-Jallaf, Board Member, Dubai Bank. H.E. Hani Rashid Al Hamly, Secretary General of Dubai Economic Council presented the award to Mr. Al-Jallaf, who received the award for ‘Outstanding Contribution to Islamic Finance’, on behalf of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai.
There were nine award categories and nominations were reviewed by an eminent panel of judges. The event, which was held alongside the International Islamic Finance Forum 2010, witnessed keen participation from decision makers in the Islamic banking and finance industry.
The winners were:
1. Outstanding Contribution to Islamic Finance – His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai
2. Gulf Finance Leader – HE Sultan Bin Nasser Al Suwaidi, UAE Central Bank Governor
3. Best Islamic Investment Bank – Standard Chartered
4. Best Islamic Retail Bank – Dubai Islamic Bank
5. Contribution to Innovation in Islamic Banking – Thomson Reuters
6. Contribution to Islamic Legal Practice – Norton Rose
7. Contribution to Islamic Finance Research – KFH Research Ltd
8. Best IT Solution Providers to the Islamic Finance Industry – Path Solutions
9. Best Marketing Strategy in Islamic Finance – Dubai Bank
- Dubai Islamic Bank named ‘Best Islamic Retail Bank’ by International Islamic Finance Forum
- Winners of Metering International Excellence Awards Announced
- Dubai Bank wins two awards at International Islamic Finance Forum
- ADIB wins ‘Best Private Sector Customer Service Team' Award at 2010 UAE Customer Service Week
- KFH-Bahrain awarded "Best Investment Product" for Menatelecom at the Islamic Business and Finance Awards 2010