Riyadh Pledges Support to Arafat at US Summit
Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz on Thursday pledged the kingdom's support for Palestinian President Yasser Arafat ahead of the US summit on the Middle East peace process, which opens next week.
Prince Abdullah "reiterated the continuing support of Saudi Arabia for the rights of the Palestinians" during a telephone conversion with Arafat Wednesday, the official SPA news agency reported.
Arafat called Prince Abdullah to inform him of US President Bill Clinton's invitation to the summit with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak in an effort to meet a mid-September deadline for a final peace pact, SPA said – RIYADH (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab League Chief, Saudi Crown Prince Held Talks; Peace Proposal To Be Presented Just If Arafat Attends Arab Summit
- Jordanian Foreign Minister to Meet Arafat ahead of Camp David Summit
- Arafat Visits Saudi Arabia to Drum up Arab Support in Peace Talks
- Arafat Meets Saudi Leaders to Mobilize Arab States on Jerusalem
- Arafat Meets Mubarak Amid New Peace Drive