Rocket fired from Gaza as Palestinian shot dead
A rocket fired from the Gaza Strip landed in southern Israel on Friday but there were no casualties or damage, the Israeli military said. According to Reuters, an Israeli army spokesman said the rocket was fired from the northern Gazan town of Beit Lahiya.
Meanwhile, Israeli soldiers shot dead a Palestinian who tried to attack them with a hand grenade close to the Gaza Strip border fence with Israel late Thursday, an Israeli army spokesman said. The troops crossed the border to check for a possible infiltrator and shot the man when they saw him trying to throw a hand grenade at them, the spokesman said. They later returned to the Israeli side of the border.
An Israeli military spokesman said the militant belonged to the Islamic Jihad group.
- Palestinian shot dead in Gaza Strip as Qassam rockets fired on southern Israel
- Palestinian killed by Israeli fire in Gaza
- Two Bedouin shepherds killed in Islamic Jihad rocket attack; Palestinian fighter shot dead
- Palestinians Throw Hand Grenades at Israelis from Lebanon
- West Bank: Islamic Jihad member shot dead by Israeli fire