Rouhani Appoints Jahangiri as First VP
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani appointed Eshaq Jahangiri as his first vice-president.
Eshaq Jahangiri, who was the minister of industry and mines for 8 consecutive years under Mohammad Khatami's presidency (1977-2005), was appointed by Rouhani as his first vice-president on Monday.
As the first vice-president, Jahangiri will have wide-ranging authorities, including chairing cabinet meeting in absence of the President as well as signing all communications, legislations, edicts, regulations and decisions of the cabinet.
- Ahmadinejad sworn-in to lead Iran as nuke crisis growing
- Iran elections just got interesting: Rouhani endorsed by ex-President
- Top Iranian Gov't Body to Hold Emergency Meeting on Inauguration Crisis
- Rouhani reaffirms alliance with Syrian gov't
- Khamenei on Rouhani: actions speak louder than the Ayatollah's words