Round-Table on Moroccan poetry
The organizers of the 11th International Book Fair in Casablanca (SIEL, February 11 until February 20) have organized a Round-Table evening concerning Moroccan poetry. The event attracted a long list of renowned local poets, including Ahmed Tayeb El Alj, Hafsa Lamrani, Fatema Chahid, Mohamed Loakira, Mohamed Salhi, Youssef Ouahboune and Ghita El Khayat, who came to discuss Moroccan poetry and its current situation.
<i>Aujourd'hui</i> reports that the main issue that was discussed among the participants was the present financial difficulties and the limitations they impose on the development of this important domain.
- Round Table Pizza Lays the Foundation for Expansion in the Gulf Coast
- 1st "International Festival of Contemporary Art and Artists" in Marrakech
- 17th International Festival of University Theatre of Casablanca
- Place of writing in Morocco’s current cultural landscape discussed
- The Israeli Apartheid Week at the American University of Beirut