Royal Dutch Shell CEO Peter Voser Visits Kuwait For the First Time
On Dec. 21, Royal Dutch Shell CEO Peter Voser visited Kuwait for the first time since his appointment in July 2009. During his visit, Voser, accompanied by Kuwait Shell Chairman, Ahmed Mouti, met with His Highness the Amir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah, and CEO of KPC, Saad Al Shuwaib, as well as a number of Chairmen and Managing Directors of KPC’s subsidiaries. The visit aimed to reinforce Shell’s commitment to Kuwait and discuss areas of cooperation across the energy value chain.
During his visit, Voser was hosted by the Kuwait Oil Company Chairman and Managing Director, Sami Al-Rushaid and attended Kuwait Oil Company’s (KOC) 75th year anniversary event. During the event, he highlighted the long-term partnership between Shell and KPC Subsidiaries: “It is a privilege to meet with H.H, the Amir of Kuwait and to be part of KOC’s 75th celebrations. I’m impressed by the state’s history and its achievements and particularly with KOC’s successful evolution over the past 75 years.
“Kuwait has been a strategic partner for Shell since the late 1940s when Shell first brought Kuwait’s crude oil to the market. We continue to work closely to explore business opportunities with KPC and subsidiaries and value the MOU with Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI), signed in 2005, which looks to jointly developing downstream projects in global markets,” Voser added.
Recently, Shell made its first Liquefied Natural Gas delivery to Kuwait Petroleum Corporation’s (KPC) floating terminal to help Kuwait meet peak summer demand. Shell aspires to develop projects across the value chain with Kuwait, both domestically and internationally in the future.
- Citigroup Set to Conduct High-Profile Visit to Kuwait And Meet with H.H. The Amir and KIPCO and AlRaya Executives
- How Shells divestment strategy spells opportunity for GCC investors
- ICC launches G20 Advisory Group for CEO input to Heads of State
- Shell to share expertise on scenario planning and energy at major meeting of young Arab leaders
- MobileAccess partners with Enersus to deploy seamless multi-wireless services at key Australian facilities