Royal Jordanian Air Forces to buy 16 helicopters
The Royal Jordanian Air Forces (RJAF) has signed a memorandum of understanding with Eurocopter S.A. for the purchase of up to 16 EC 635 light twin-engine helicopters, according to an RJAF statement published on Tuesday.
The helicopters are "intended to enhance its (RJAF) security missions in Jordan," according to the statement issued during the Special Operations Forces Exhibition (SOFEX 2002) in Amman, which ends Thursday.
"The EC 635 is designed to perform multipurpose missions, including police, search and rescue, troops transport, reconnaissance, training and vertical replenishment," the statement said. It added that the first batch would be delivered "soon."
RJAF already has in its inventory other Eurocopter helicopters such as the Super Puma and the EC 350, Defense News reported.
"This deal would definitely boost RJAF helicopter transport and reconnaissance capabilities," retired RJAF Brig. Gen. Mousa Qallab said.
Eurocopter is a wholly owned subsidiary of the European Aeronautic, Defense and Space Co., Amsterdam. (Albawaba.com)
- Royal Jordanian Air Force places order for additional four EC635s
- Kuwait Buys Eurocopters for ‘Security Missions’
- Eurocopter develops Corporate and Parapublic missions in the Gulf region and reinforces support to Middle Eastern customers
- dubai air wing signs for an additional dauphin as 365 n3 vip
- Dubai Helishow - The next big event for the regional aviation sector