Russia’s Minister of Atomic Energy in Iran for inspections of nuclear plant
Russia's Minister of Atomic Energy Alexander Rumyantsev arrived in the Iranian capital of Tehran Sunday on a four-day visit during which he is due to inspect the construction of the joint nuclear plant in southern Iran.
Additionally, Rumyantsev will meet with his Iranian counterpart, Gholam-Reza Aghazadeh, as well as Vice President Mohammad-Reza Aref, Parliament Speaker Mehdi Karrubi and former President Akbar Hashemi- Rafsanjani, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.
Moscow is cooperating with Tehran on the building of an 800-million-dollar nuclear power plant at the southern Persian Gulf port of Bushehr. The first block of the 1,000-megawatt unit is due to come online in September 2003, the news agency concluded. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran agrees to Arak nuclear plant inspection
- Russia agrees to international inspection of Iran nuclear plant
- Russian atomic energy minister: Iran's Busheir nuclear plant to be operational in 2005
- Russia Atomic Energy Minister: Moscow to import Iranian nuclear fuel waste
- Jordan Atomic Energy Commission visits Russia