Russia’s Minister of Atomic Energy in Iran for inspections of nuclear plant
Russia's Minister of Atomic Energy Alexander Rumyantsev arrived in the Iranian capital of Tehran Sunday on a four-day visit during which he is due to inspect the construction of the joint nuclear plant in southern Iran.
Additionally, Rumyantsev will meet with his Iranian counterpart, Gholam-Reza Aghazadeh, as well as Vice President Mohammad-Reza Aref, Parliament Speaker Mehdi Karrubi and former President Akbar Hashemi- Rafsanjani, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.
Moscow is cooperating with Tehran on the building of an 800-million-dollar nuclear power plant at the southern Persian Gulf port of Bushehr. The first block of the 1,000-megawatt unit is due to come online in September 2003, the news agency concluded. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Russian Minister of Energy visits Bushehr plant in Iran
- Despite US pressure: Russia reiterates commitment to build Iran's nuclear power plant
- Russia to deliver nuclear fuel to power plant in Iran
- Russia determined to build nuclear power plant in Iran, despite U.S. opposition
- Russia, Iran stress continuation of nuclear cooperation