Russia: Enrichment deal with Iran not finalized
Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov stated Monday that a deal reached between Tehran and six world powers last week for Moscow to help enrich uranium for an Iranian reactor has yet to be finalized. According to the AP, Lavrov said that experts would have to work out specifics of the agreement involving the United States, France, Russia and the International Atomic Energy Agency.
"A meeting of experts will be held in the near future in order to implement that plan," Lavrov conveyed. Earlier, IAEA head Mohamed ElBaradei said experts will gather in Vienna on Oct. 19 to discuss the deal for Russia to take some of Iran's processed uranium and enrich it.
- Iran to continue enrichment activities at Arak nuclear site
- Russia: chance for nuclear deal that would Lift Iran sanctions
- Iran: No decision yet on French involvement in uranium enrichment
- Iran insists on right to enrich, but not on others to recognize it
- Iran agrees to ship out enriched uranium to Russia