Russia, Iran stress continuation of nuclear cooperation
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov noted on Monday that Moscow is keen to expand cooperation with Tehran. Lavrov further told visiting Iranian Vice-President and Head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization (IAEO) Gholam-Reza Aqazadeh that cooperation between the two sides is growing.
According to IRNA, Aqazadeh held another meeting with the head of the Russian Atomic Energy Agency and Russian head of Tehran-Moscow Joint Economic Cooperation Commission Alexander Rumyantsev shortly after his arrival.
Aqazadeh and Rumyantsev held talks on mutual energy and economic cooperation, including use of nuclear technology.
Aqazadeh stressed the need for completion of Bushehr atomic power plant on schedule, shipment of fuel to the power plant according to an agreement reached by the two sides and expansion of peaceful nuclear cooperation.
Rumyantsev for his part called for cooperation with Tehran as Moscow's strategic ally and said Russia attaches high importance to promotion of relations with Iran in the field of energy, particularly in the nuclear energy sector.
He said that despite the ongoing technical problems, Bushehr nuclear power plant will come on stream on schedule.
- Iran president stresses need for continuation of nuclear activities
- Iran FM, Russia President hold talks in Moscow on nuclear cooperation
- Russia unmoved by Israeli pressure: Nuclear cooperation with Iran to continue
- Egyptian-Moroccan economic cooperation continues
- Jordan seeks further cooperation with Russia in nuclear field