Russia: No military solution for Iranian nuclear crisis
Visiting Secretary of Russian Security Council Igor Ivanov said his visit to Tehran is aimed at attenuating the current crisis of Iranian nuclear file and finding a political solution.
Speaking to reporters in a joint press conference with his Iranian counterpart Ali Larijani, Ivanov said the Iranian nuclear issue has no military solution and all sides should do their best to find a way out of the current situation. According to IRNA, he said Russia respects Iran's right to peaceful use of nuclear energy and supports a political solution.
The Russian official said that Iranian nuclear power station in Bushehr would become operational on schedule.
Ivanov said Russian President's messages to Iran's Supreme Leader and president is indicative of his country's willingness to expand ties with its neighboring and long-standing partner in various fields including economy and commerce.
- Iran nuclear crisis: Russia opposes sanctions, Israel warns Tehran
- Russia opposes use of military force against Iran
- EU hopes release of British sailors will help to end Iran nuclear crisis
- Russia, China oppose military intervention in Syria, Iran
- China looking for peaceful solution to Iran nuclear crisis