Russia's Lavrov to meet with Saudi leadership today over Syrian conflict
Lavrov will meet with Prince Saud Al Faisal in Jeddah Saturday (File Archive)
Click here to add Jeddah as an alert
Disable alert for Jeddah,
Click here to add Moscow as an alert
Disable alert for Moscow,
Click here to add Riyadh as an alert
Disable alert for Riyadh,
Click here to add Saud Al Faisal as an alert
Disable alert for Saud Al Faisal,
Click here to add Sergei Lavrov as an alert
Disable alert for Sergei Lavrov
Agence France Presse reported Friday that Russia's Foreign Minister will meet with Saudi leadership Saturday in Jeddah to discuss the ongoing conflict in Syria.
Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov will meet with Prince Saud Al Faisal to discuss "several issues" with Syria ranking "at the top of the agenda," an official who spoke on the condition of anonymity told AFP.
No other details were reported in terms of the content of the talks between the two officials.
Moscow and Riyadh are considered staunch opponents over the Syrian conflict, with Russia supporting the regime and KSA fully supporting the rebel movement.
- Russia: Western countries try to blackmail us over Syria
- Saudi and Russian FMs to discuss Syria conflict in Moscow
- Russia, US to meet on whether Iran should attend Syria peace talks
- Syrian opposition are invited for key talks in Russia - reports
- Russia warns other European powers against arming Syrian rebels