Russian Defense Minister to Attend NATO, London Meetings Next Month
Russian Defense Minister Igor Sergeyev will travel to Brussels next month for a meeting of the NATO-Russia council, followed by talks with his British counterpart Geoff Hoon in London, ITAR-TASS reported Saturday.
Kosovo and deepening ties between the Alliance and Moscow are likely to dominate the agenda of the December 4-6 visit, the news agency said.
Russia and NATO signed an agreement in May 1997 setting up the council aimed at fostering cooperation between the two former Cold War foes.
Sergeyev and Hoon were expected to discuss Anglo-Russian cooperation in the areas of defense and defense technology, ITAR-TASS said -- MOSCOW (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Moscow: US Missile System Aimed at World Domination, Not Rogue States
- Russian Defense Minister Still to Finalize Iran Visit
- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Holds Talks with Iranian Ambassador
- Russian Deputy Defense Minister: Moscow-Tehran cooperation poses no danger
- Russia, Iran to Conclude Arms Trade Contracts by End of Year