Russian Foreign Minister calls for diplomatic dialogue between Syria, US
Russian Foreign Minister Igor Ivanov in Moscow has emphasized Syria’s desire for the realization of a just and comprehensive peace in the Middle East.
In a statement Tuesday, the Russian chief diplomat called for a diplomatic dialogue between Damascus and Washington, rejecting to comment on US accusations directed against Damascus, according to SANA news agency.
Furthermore, Ivanov added that there are diplomatic relations between the two countries and they should review issues through means of diplomacy.
Meanwhile, in Syria, President Bashar Al-Assad received Tuesday Lebanese Prime Minister Rafiq Al-Hariri. In the course of their meeting, the two leaders discussed regional developments in addition to bilateral ties between Syria and Lebanon. (Albawaba.com)
- Russian Foreign Minister Meets Lebanese Prime Minister
- Syria calls for profound dialogue with the US
- US-Russian talks on Syria chemical weapons 'not going smoothly'
- Syria's foreign minister announces he is ready for rebel talks
- Russia, U.S. meet in hope of breathing new life into Syria flagging peace talks