Russian Foreign Minister Meets Lebanese Prime Minister
Russia's foreign minister Igor Ivanov met in New York on Saturday Lebanese prime minister Salim Hoss, reported Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
The agency quoted a statement issued by the Russian foreign ministry as saying that the two sides called for the resumption of the efforts to reach a comprehensive settlement between Arabs and Israelis.
The statement pointed out that Russia, one of the peace process sponsors, would work on resuming the negotiations between Israel, Syria and Lebanon according to Security Council resolutions, said KUNA.
It added that the two sides had also discussed the outcome of the Middle East peace process, in light of Israel's withdraw from south Lebanon, according to KUNA - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Russian Foreign Minister calls for diplomatic dialogue between Syria, US
- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister, Syrian Foreign Minister meet in Damascus
- Morocco’s King receives Former Russian Prime Minister
- Lebanon’s Water Minister: Israel aborted efforts for reaching peace
- Lebanese, Syrian Foreign Ministers to Meet Saturday