Saddam Chairs Meeting of Iraqi Leadership
Iraqi President Saddam Hussein on Monday convened a meeting of Iraq's top body, the Revolutionary Command Council, and the ruling Baath party, the official news agency INA reported.
It said the foreign and information ministers took part in the meeting to "examine the general political situation," but gave no details.
On Saturday, 63-year-old Saddam addressed his people on radio and television in a speech glorifying the Iraqi armed forces and appearing to put to rest reports he had suffered a severe stroke -- BAGHDAD (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saddam rebuffs ultimatum, vows victory
- Saddam: Iraqi people, leadership are '\'one'\'; Annan says Baghdad has ''last chance'' to avoid strike
- Iraqi TV: Saddam satisfied with performance of Iraqi soldiers
- Iraqi leadership to respond in ''next few days''; Bush warns Saddam there will be no delay in resolution implementation
- Iraqi Leadership Meets; Germany Opposes U.S. Attack on Iraq