Saddam\'s Son Reelected Iraqi Olympic Committee Chief
Uday Saddam Hussein, the powerful eldest son of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, has been unanimously reelected head of the Iraqi Olympic Committee, the press reported Thursday.
Uday won the backing of 185 of the 223 members of the body during their annual general meeting.
Last November 36-year-old Uday was also reelected head of the Iraqi Football Federation (FIF).
And the heir apparent to succeed his father as Iraqi President, Uday kicked off his political career last March, winning a seat in parliament with 99.99 percent of the vote -- BAGDAD (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saddam Hussein Wants ‘best foreign coach’ for Iraq's Soccer Team
- Members of '\'Saddam Fedayeen'\' vow to avenge killing of Uday and Qusay
- Report: Saddam son suffers from brain hemorrhage
- In new tape: ''Saddam'' acknowledges death of two sons; Report: Saddam wearing explosive belt
- Iraq’s President sponsors mass wedding