Saeb Erekat may leave politics
Chief Palestinian negotiator and Palestinian Authority cabinet member Saeb Erekat announced Thursday morning in an interview on Israel’s Army Radio that he may leave politics.
Erekat was amongst the 21-member Palestinian Authority cabinet who resigned Wednesday, preempting a no-confidence vote by the Palestinian Legislative Council (PLC).
When the interviewer asked where his future lies and whether he would consider being a minister in the new government, Erekat replied, "Professionally speaking, I think its time to do something else".
Erekat said he sees his future as a professor at a university, not in politics, although he has not totally ruled out a future post in the PA. (Albawaba.com)
- Sources: Palestinian Negotiation Affairs Minister quits
- PA, Israel to discuss withdrawal from Hebron; PLC delays vote of confidence over new cabinet
- Palestinians plan to declare independence unilaterally
- Top Palestinian negotiator says Abbas wants preparation before meeting Israel PM
- Palestinians downplay idea to resume indirect talks with Israel