Safety Laws Crackdown in Bahrain
Power supplies will be cut off to buildings which breach fire safety regulations, The Gulf Daily News reported Wednesday, quoting Bahrain's Interior Ministry.
A Civil Defence and Fire Service Directorate statement said that some owners, contractors or engineers were deviating from original blueprints, which include safety stipulations.
Such measures included emergency exits, easy access for fire engines in case of fire at the building, installation of hand fire extinguishers inside the building, fire warning systems and safe storage for gas cylinders.
Deviation from these provisions, will result in violators having the building power supply cut off, said the statement -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- fire safety main focus of new ehs regulations for high-rise construction
- Eight People Killed in Building Collapse in Alexandria
- Fire safety courses and audits available in the Gulf
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence coordinates fire drill with Dubai Civil Defence to improve safety procedures
- Abu Dhabi’s Future Buildings To Better Resist Fire And Minimise Related Damage