Saudi airstrikes kill five in Yemen
Yemenis gather near the rubble of houses close to Sanaa Airport, March 31, 2015, after they were destroyed in an air strike a Saudi-led coalition warplanes. (AFP/ Mohammed Huwais)
Saudi warplanes have targeted several areas across Yemen in the ongoing campaign against the country, leaving at least five people dead.
A Saudi airstrike hit a truck loaded with cereal in the Hidan district of the province of Sa'ada on Tuesday, killing at least two people, according to a Press TV correspondent.
Media reports also said the kingdom's fighter jets pounded the districts of Sahar and Saqin in Sa'ada.
In the Ibb province, at least three people were killed in Saudi air raids.
The Yemeni army fired a domestically-built ballistic missile at Jizan Regional Airport inside Saudi Arabia early on Tuesday, the al-Masirah television said.
Yemeni forces have fired three missiles at Saudi Arabia in the last 24 hours, it added.
Saudi media confirmed the Yemeni missile attacks, but said the kingdom had intercepted them before impact.
The Saudi-owned Al Arabiya news network said the country's air force intercepted a ballistic missile in Jizan region on Tuesday. It shot down another ballistic missile that targeted the Asir region on Monday, it claimed.
Al-Masirah TV said a military vehicle was destroyed in an attack at the al-Shabaka military base in Najran in Saudi Arabia overnight Monday.
A Saudi tank and two military vehicles were also destroyed in Yemeni artillery attacks on the Saudi region of Jizan on Monday, according to the TV channel.
Separately, the Huna Aden website said clashes erupted between Yemeni forces and militants loyal to embattled President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi in the Yemeni capital of Sana'a.
Yemen has been under military strikes by Saudi Arabia since March 26 last year.
Nearly 8,300 people, among them 2,236 children, have reportedly been killed and over 16,000 others injured. The strikes have also taken a heavy toll on the impoverished country's infrastructure.