Saudi Arabia denies report on release of four Guantanamo prisoners
Security Advisor and Director General of Guidance at the Saudi Ministry of Interior Dr. Saud bin Saleh Al-Mesaibeh denied a report published Monday by Al-Hayat newspaper regarding the release of four Saudis from Guantanamo and the probability of their detention as soon as they arrive in the Kingdom.
Al-Mosaibeh, cited by SPA, noted the importance of authenticity before the circulation of such news, affirming at the same time that the government of Saudi Arabia is exerting strenuous efforts to seek release of those who are under detention in Guantanamo and to ensure their return home.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four Guantanamo prisoners released to Afghanistan
- US releases Saudi Guantanamo Bay detainee
- Post-Guantanamo, Saudi militants to paint, talk about their feelings at "terrorist rehab"
- Saudi Arabia denies report jailed Al Qaeda supporters went on hunger strike
- Saudi Arabia: Al Qaeda kills American, abducts another one