Saudi Arabia denies reports on shooting incident in Riyadh
An official source at the Saudi Interior Ministry on Sunday categorically denied a report circulated by some news agency Saturday night about exchange of fire near a residential compound and arrest of four persons wanted by the security authorities.
the report said that the fire was exchanged near a residential compound in Riyadh and four suspects were arrested.
"This report is absolutely incorrect," the official source told the SPA, adding that one of the guards at the residential compound had shot fire assuming that a suspicious development had taken place, but later it became clear that there was nothing at all.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Arabia denies AFP report regarding Yanbu shooting incident
- Riyadh: One Briton killed, another wounded in shooting incident
- Saudi Arabia denies arrests made in Riyadh explosion
- Report: Saudi securityman killed in Riyadh shooting as British envoy predicts further attacks
- Saudi police officer killed by gunman holding hostages in Riyadh