Saudi Arabia denies reports on shooting incident in Riyadh
An official source at the Saudi Interior Ministry on Sunday categorically denied a report circulated by some news agency Saturday night about exchange of fire near a residential compound and arrest of four persons wanted by the security authorities.
the report said that the fire was exchanged near a residential compound in Riyadh and four suspects were arrested.
"This report is absolutely incorrect," the official source told the SPA, adding that one of the guards at the residential compound had shot fire assuming that a suspicious development had taken place, but later it became clear that there was nothing at all.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Arabia denies AFP report regarding Yanbu shooting incident
- Saudi Arabia: Gunmen open fire on car carrying US nationals, Two armed suspects killed in Taif
- Interior Ministry source denies security men injured in Saudi shootout
- Six foreign civilians killed in Saudi Arabia attack
- In Iran: Shots fired at UK embassy residential compound