Saudi Arabia Gives 30 Million Dollars in Aid to Palestinians
Saudi Arabia handed 30 million dollars in emergency aid to the Palestinian Authority (PA) on Sunday to help face the economic fall-out of clashes with Israel, a Palestinian diplomatic source said.
"It's emergency aid to help the Palestinian Authority face up to the economic blockade imposed by Israel on the Palestinian people and the repercussions of the intifada (uprising)," the diplomat told AFP.
Saudi Arabia has pledged 250 million dollars toward two solidarity funds worth a total of one billion dollars that were set up for the Palestinians at the Arab summit in Cairo last month – RIYADH (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Minister to Hold Follow up Talks with Saudi Officials on Arab summit
- Arafat Adviser Hits out at Delay in Arab Funding for Intifada
- Fahd, Arafat Discuss Situation in Palestinian Territories
- Arabs Pledge over $650m to Palestinians
- Arab Ministers Meet this Month to Help Set up Funds for Palestinians