Saudi Arabia Reiterates Support for Palestinian Cause
Saudi Arabia reiterated its support for the Palestinian cause during a meeting in Jeddah Saturday between King Fahd and Palestinian President Yasser Arafat.
The official Palestinian news agency, WAFA, said that the Saudi monarch reaffirmed to Arafat that the kingdom would continue to "back the Palestinian people's just cause until they recover their full rights, including the establishment of an independent state on their national soil, with (east) Jerusalem as its capital."
The two men also discussed "latest developments on the international scene," according to the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
Earlier, the Palestinian president met with Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdelaziz and defense minister Prince Sultan bin Abdelaziz, reported SPA.
Arafat arrived in this Red Sea city earlier Saturday on a brief visit to the kingdom.
Arafat will meet Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres Sunday at Gaza Airport in a bid to strengthen a fragile truce.
He had discussed the possibility of a meeting with Peres with the leaders of Egypt and Jordan during visits to the two countries over the past week – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Intelligence Chief Explains Why Saudis Support Bin Laden Cause, Says Arafat “Man Of Peace”
- Jordan\'s King Reiterates Support for Key Palestinian Demands
- Assad Reiterates Backing for Anti-Terror Efforts, but Differs with Blair on Definition of 'Terrorism'
- China Reiterates Support for Palestinians
- Malaysia, Saudi Arabia Call for Restoration of Palestinian Rights