Saudi Arabia Steps up Foot-and-Mouth Preventative Measures
The Saudi ministry of commerce has banned Friday the import of chilled, frozen or canned meat from several Arab and foreign countries following the outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in the Kingdom, reported the official SPA news agency.
The countries, said SPA, include all African countries, the Gulf states, Syria, Jordan, Yemen, Pakistan and China.
The ministry of commerce has issued its instructions to the chambers of commerce and industry to inform the concerned companies and merchants to stop importing of meat from these countries and to provide the local market with meat from countries that are not affected by mad-cow or the foot-and mouth diseases,” a statement said.
Saudi Arabia announced last week the discovery of at least 200 cases of foot-and-mouth – Albawaba.com
- Saudi Arabia Bans Meat Imports from Several Asian Countries Following Outbreak of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- UAE’s Sharjah Free of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- Syria Exports Million Sheep to Gulf Countries
- Saudi Arabia, UAE Ban Imports of European Lamb Meat Due to Spread of Mouth-and-Foot
- Saudi Arabia Says Foot-and-Mouth Detected in 67 Sites