In Saudi Arabia: Two security men, gunman killed in shootout
Two Saudi security men died and at least two others were injured, one seriously, during a shootout with two armed men in the northern province of Hail, the regional governor said in remarks published Sunday.
Prince Saud bin Abdulmohsen told Al-Watan that trouble erupted late Saturday at a checkpoint in Turba, some 200 kilometers from Hail city, near the border with Jordan.
One of the two suspects was killed while the other escaped, the daily said, adding that a third security man was wounded.
The two suspects were stopped at the checkpoint and asked to show identification papers. The driver, believed to be Abdullah al-Ajlan, was wanted by security authorities, the newspaper said, without providing further detail.
The two suspects sped away in their vehicle and started firing at police who gave chase. A grenade was thrown at the police killing two and wounding two others, the daily said. Ajlan managed to drive off while security men hunted down and killed the other unidentified suspect. (Albawaba.com)
- Robbers Beat Cops in Hollywood-Style Car Chase in Amman
- Two Islamists blow selves up in Mecca; Gunman killed, eight Saudi policemen injured in Riyadh shootout
- Two police officers, gunman killed during shootout in Turkey
- Two Saudi security men die during chase after suspects
- Four '\'terror suspects'\', Saudi security official killed in shootout