Saudi Arabia: Wanted ”terror” suspect detained
Saudi security forces nabbed a "terror suspect" in the holy city of Medina who figured on a recently issued list of wanted men, after a tipoff from citizens, the interior ministry said.
Mohammed bin Saeed al-Amri, a 25-year-old Saudi, was arrested "after a group of citizens followed him and informed (authorities) about him," said a statement carried by the official SPA news agency.
Security forces "stripped him of a pipe bomb he was carrying" and also arrested "two people linked to him," it said.
Monday's arrest brings down to 32 the number of wanted men on the list still at large.
- Saudi Arabia detains wanted gunman
- Fearing terror attacks: U.S., UK and Germany close missions in Saudi Arabia; Reports: More Al Qaeda suspects detained
- Saudi Arabia issues list of wanted ”terrorist” suspects
- Saudi Arabia arrests 135 terror suspects
- Nine Americans detained in Saudi Arabia as ‘terror suspects’