Saudi Arabian Airlines to fly in over 800,000 pilgrims
Saudi Arabian Airlines (SAA) is expected to transport over 828,000 pilgrims from 70 international airports including 19 in the Middle East, 16 each in Asia and Africa and 19 in Europe and America.
Dr. Khaled Bin Bakr, SAA's director-general, said the airline has already signed agreements with authorities in India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Iran to transport a total of 359,000 pilgrims from the four countries.
Addressing the airline's executive Hajj committee in Jeddah Saturday, he said SAA would transport pilgrims from nine new airports in Iran, Britain and France for the first time during the upcoming Hajj season, SPA reported.
In addition, Bakr said SAA would transport more than 1.53 million Umrah pilgrims from various parts of the world during this Ramadan and Eid Al-Fitr on 9,935 scheduled and extra flights within a period of 45 days. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Airlines to carry 200,000 pilgrims from Malaysia and Indonesia
- A collective boycott: 51 Hajj companies boycott Saudia for transporting pilgrims
- Middle East Airlines promises flights to transport Lebanese pilgrims to Mecca
- Saudi Airline, US airport squabble over Israel policy
- Saudi Arabian Airlines selects OnAir