Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti stresses importance of security of thought
Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti, Sheikh Abdulaziz Bin Abdullah Al Al-Sheikh, who is also the President of Senior Ulema (Muslim Scholars) Council and President of 'Ifta' and Scientific Researches Department, delivered on Monday evening a lecture entitled "The Responsibility of the Security Man."
According to SPA, during his lecture, he pointed out to the importance of security for life and religion. "We are living amidst bitter realities in all Islamic states which face hostility, " he said.
He also stressed the importance of security of thought which could protect religion, behaviors, and (rational) thinking.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia: Riyadh bombing attack - ''sinful act''
- Saudi Grand Mufti: ''Islam has nothing to do with terrorism''
- Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia calls to end attacks on embassies
- Saudi Arabia Hosts International Counterterrorism Workshop
- Saudi chief cleric: Muslims should not kill non-Muslims