Saudi authorities arrest women, children over Al-Qaeda links
Four women believed to be linked to suspected Al-Qaeda militants were arrested in a fresh raid by Saudi police in Mecca, a newspaper reported Saturday.
Al-Watan, quoting security sources, said police also seized three AK-47 automatic rifles, a gun, six loaded magazines, two bombs and a suitcase full of jewelry and cash.
The raid was carried out on Friday at an apartment in a building rented by Musaed al-Khuraisi, one of 12 suspected militants arrested by Saudi police in Mecca last week.
The women were found to be related to Khuraisi and other members. Two children were also picked up during the raid. (Albawaba.com)
- Authorities arrest Lebanese suspected of links to Al-Qaeda
- Saudi Arabia arrests 'linked to Al Qaeda's Western threats'
- Report: Najaf blast - two suspected Saudi al Qaeda members arrested over e-mail
- Syria: Al Qaeda-linked groups destroy Sufi shrine in northern village
- Saudi authorities arrest two over Kuwaiti mosque bombing