Saudi Crown Prince Announces Funds to Support Palestinians, Calls For Cutting off Ties with Israel
Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz has announced that the kingdom will contribute 25 percent of the assets of two proposed funds dedicated to the support of the Palestinian people.
The prince said that a 200-million dollar fund will be dedicated to help the families of those “who fell martyred and injured,” in the Intifada against Israel.
The prince added in the speech, monitored on TV in Amman, that the $800 million assets of the Al Aqsa Fund will go to “support projects designed to maintain the Arab character of Jerusalem.”
Prince Abdullah called for the cessation of all links with Israel – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab League Chief, Saudi Crown Prince Held Talks; Peace Proposal To Be Presented Just If Arafat Attends Arab Summit
- Saudi crown prince receives Prince Charles for talks
- Saudi Crown Prince receives call from Palestinian leader
- Fahd, Arafat Discuss Situation in Palestinian Territories
- Arab Israelis to Receive Saudi Donation