Saudi Crown Prince in Egypt for Talks with Mubarak
Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdel Aziz arrived in the Egyptian Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh late Wednesday ahead of talks with President Hosni Mubarak, the MENA news agency reported.
Crown Prince Abdullah, who is also Saudi Arabia's deputy prime minister, was due to discuss the Arab-Israel peace process with the Egyptian president Thursday morning, information ministry officials said.
The meeting will also cover the general situation in the Arab world and comes at the start of a private visit of "several days" that Abdullah is making to Sharm el-Sheikh, another Egyptian official added.
The Red Sea resort lies around 500 kilometers southeast of Cairo in the Sinai peninsula -- CAIRO (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian President Leaves Saudi Arabia after Middle East Talks
- ''Mini Arab summit” planned to be held in Egypt Saturday
- Arafat in Egypt Monday for Talks with Mubarak, Saudi Crown Prince
- Intensive diplomatic contacts between Arab leaders ahead of new summit
- Saudi Crown Prince to Make Official Visit to Egypt