Saudi Crown Prince Says Israel to Pay for Spilling Arab Blood
Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Abdullah on Wednesday warned Israel that it would pay for any Arab blood it had spilled.
At the end of a two-day visit to Syria, Abdullah also urged the United States to help stop bloodshed in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, said Reuters.
"The Israeli side has gone too far in its aggression, use of force and arrogance; Israeli bullets have assassinated old men, women and even toddlers," Abdullah said.
"Let (Israeli Prime Minister Ariel) Sharon do whatever he wants because today might be his day but tomorrow, God willing, will be ours and every drop of Arab blood that has been spilled on our Arab land will be paid for by those who spilled it," he said.
Abdullah said continued Israeli occupation of Arab lands and building of settlements had led to the uprising and said "violence only breeds violence."
"We urge all honest people in the world to contribute actively and with no bias to achieve just and comprehensive peace and we call upon the United States, Europe and the whole world to meet their historic commitments towards the peace process," he said.
Abdullah arrived in Berlin Wednesday evening for a two-day official visit to Germany expected to focus on the Middle East conflict.
Prince Abdullah was greeted on his arrival at Tegel airport by Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder with whom he was to hold talks and have dinner at the chancellery, said AFP.
The talks were expected to concentrate on the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians and on economic matters, German officials said.
On Thursday the prince is scheduled to meet with President Johannes Rau.
He is also due to have talks with German business leaders and meet the mayor of Berlin, Eberhard Diepgen – Albawaba.com
- Saudi Foreign Policy Adviser Says Peace Is Possible; Israel Asks For More Details About Crown Prince Abdullah Proposal
- UAE Voices Support on Saudi Crown Prince’s Mid-East Proposal
- Arab Foreign Ministers End Meeting Sunday; Report: Saudi Crown Prince Removed Word “Normalization” From Peace Proposal
- Saudi Arabian Crown Prince On Syria: genocide and starvation must end
- Mubarak holds meetings with Saudi crown prince, Jordan king on Arab summit rescheduling