Saudi Foreign Investment $7.6 billion
Permits for projects worth $7.6 billion have been issued since the new law on foreign investment came into effect in the middle of last year, said AME-Info.com, quoting the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority.
A total of 91 projects were approved for foreign investment, including $3.6 billion for an education scheme from US investors, and $2.2 billion for a desalinization project from Sumitomo Corporation. SAGIA has won international acclaim for its one-stop shop for foreign investors, and is well ahead of other GCC countries in attracting foreign investment – Albawaba.com
- Foreign direct investment in Arab world surges by 10% to $47.1b in 2012
- Saudi’s foreign investment proposals total $1.3 billion in 2000
- One-Stop Shop for Foreign Investment up and Running in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi industry capable of absorbing $7.2 billion foreign investment
- Saudi can attract an annually $20 billion in foreign investments per annum: Bin Turki