Saudi Industrial Property Authority (MODON)- MODON signs MOU with the Saudi Post
Saudi Industrial Property Authority (MODON) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Saudi Post. The agreement was signed by H.E. Dr. Tawfig bin Fawzan Alrabiah, the Director General of MODON and the president of Saudi Post, Dr. Mohammad Saleh Bentin at MODON headquarters in the presence of a number of executives on both sides.
The memo is aimed at establishing a strategic relationship for mutual cooperation for the benefit of the growth and development of the industrial and technological sector in our beloved country Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Both Parties agreed to cooperate in all related to the subject matter of the memorandum, which includes:
1. Application of labeling system in the existing industrial cities supervised and maintained by MODON and to begin production of addresses to the new industrial cities in accordance with MODON plans.
2. Mutual benefit between the two parties in the formation of a Geographic Information System (GIS) in the industrial cities.
3. MODON will allocate sites for the post offices and distribution points in the industrial cities.
4. Study the requirements needed by MODON such as, logistics and transportation services and to set up a concept for the provision of warehouse management services.
5. Both Parties shall cooperate in urging industrial entities to use Wasel address for the industrial entities, awareness for postal services and ways to benefit from these services.
On this occasion, Dr. Tawfig bin Fawzan Alrabiah, the Director General of MODON announced that the agreement comes within the efforts exerted by MODON for development and provision of new and distinguished services. In order to achieve this, water services have been allocated, security services and smart city services have been launched. Furthermore, lands for establishing hotel projects, commercial and services compounds have been allocated in some industrial cities in addition to the rehabilitation of infrastructure projects and maintenance of roads and sidewalks, lighting, water networks and landscaping, in order to achieve best results compatible to the highest global standards.
Dr. Alrabiah added that MODON currently oversees 18 existing industrial cities in the various regions of the Kingdom (Riyadh 1 & 2, Jeddah 1 & 2, Dammam 1 & 2, Makkah, Madinah, Qassim, Ahsa, Assir, Al Jouf, Tabuk, Hail, Najran, Jazan, Al-Kharj and Ar’ar). The investment in these cities exceeds 200 billion riyals and more than 300 thousand workers are operating in these cities. In addition, development of new industrial cities is currently under process and a set of projects have been tendered for Sudair, Zulfi, Gurayaat and Taif.
At the end of his speech, Dr. Alrabiah reemphasized that MODON welcomes investors to invest in the said regions whether their investments be in industrial, service, commercial or residential sectors.
- Saudi Industrial Property Authority (MODON) honors Dr. Hashim Yamani
- Saudi Arabia, Houston port authorities sign cooperation accord
- MODON signs MOU with Saudi Credit and Saving Bank to Finance Industrial Projects
- Saudi Industrial Property Authority (MODON)
- Saudi Industrial Property Authority (MODON) signs industrial project contracts in Dammam 2nd industrial city