Saudi kingdom has arrested over 124 “terrorist suspects”
Saudi Arabia is detaining at least 124 “terrorism suspects”, Interior Minister Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz said on Tuesday.
Nayef told a meeting of the kingdom's consultative council some of the detainees came from Afghanistan and counted themselves as followers of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda terror network, the official Saudi Press Agency said.
Nayef was speaking about "terrorist events recently carried out in the kingdom”, the agency added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Interior Minister: Mecca militants are Al Qaeda members
- Minister: Nothing Official from US About Saudi Suspects
- Saudi Arabia indictes 991 terror suspects
- Interior Minister: Saudi Arabia holding al-Qaeda members
- No connection between 'terrorist' activities and lack of democracy, says Saudi minister