Saudi Minister: No Proofs Yet Over Involvement of Saudis in September 11 Attacks
Saudi Interior minister Prince Naif Bin Abdel Aziz stressed on Saturday that the United States has not yet presented any proof over involvement of Saudi nationals in the September 11 terrorist attacks on the united states. In an interview with the weekly German "Der Spigel" magazine to be published next Monday, Prince Naif described his country's cooperation with the united states as "distinguished".
He stressed that a good Muslim does not do such evil things similar to the attacks carried out on the United States.
He expressed belief that Osama Bin Laden was not the masterminded of those attacks, adding that Bin Laden was not that type of person who could perform such activities. Prince Naif did not rule out the possibility that Bin Laden's deputy, the Egyptian doctor, Ayman Al-Zawahri could have been behind the attacks—Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi FM: Kingdom Convinced Bin Laden Involved in US Terror Attack
- Minister: Nothing Official from US About Saudi Suspects
- Powell: US To Present Evidence Of Bin Laden Link To Terror Attacks
- Saudi Arabia Admits For The First Time: 15 of the September 11 Hijackers Were Saudis
- Syrian Paper: Israel's Mossad Could Be Behind the US Attacks